Garbugli0 loves great cooking, especially the common one.
He believes that everyone has the full freedom to choose the best food for himself,
but at the same time he substains the principle according to which,
a healty feed is the first step for a strong growth and a better life condition.
He usually doesn’t like to chat about gourmet, great cousine and boring stuff,
world most famous chefs’ exclusive property.
(but if you’d like to invite him for a 1st class dinner, I don’t think He could refuse it!)
Anyway, there are simple “moral” rules in Kitchen governance, you should respect.
2. Be aware of which kind of substances you swallow.
3. Pretend quality instead of quantity.
4. The more you cook, the more you take care of yourself.
For these reasons, with this post Garbugli0 tries to speak about these short prinples,
absolutely necessary for a every day survival above cookers.
So: today let’s talk about Carbonara!
Carbonara is a typical italian example of fast&simple&huge meal.
– their fridge looks like an icy desert: deeply sad and truly empty.
– the time for lunch is too short: the time of whole dish preparation corresponds to pasta water boiling time.
– they’re so hungry (and maybe groomy) that only proteins and carbohydrates could restore their psychological equilibrium.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
– Pasta (almost 80 – 100 g per person) > choose a long type of pasta (like spaghetti, linguine, bucatini…)
– Bacon ( if you’re vegetarian you can change bacon with steam cooked – courgette!)
– Eggs (1 per person)
– Grate cheese (better, surely better if it’s pecorino)
– Olive oil (do you remember?!)
– Pot for water boiling
– Colander (both for pasta)
– Pan for bacon
– Large bowl
1. Let’s boil the pasta: put a pot plenty of water on the cooker. Let boil it (for a faster boiler, keep a cover on the pot.)
When water makes bubbles (it’s boiling!!) throw a slim handful of coarse salt in it. (Please, remember that the bacon is already too much salted, so do not exaggerate with it!)
2. In the meanwhile the water is boiling, you have to:
2.a break eggs in a bowl. With a fork start shaking eggs and mixing them with grate pecorino cheese,
2.b brown your diced bacon in a pan with a few drops of oil.
Once Pasta is ready*, drain and put it in the bowl mixing all together pasta + eggs&pecorino + bacon.
*”pasta is ready” = To the tooth -> means that you must use your teeth for chew it, not that you have to wait until it becomes chewing gum!
No-ONE HERE IS TALKING ABOUT ADDING CREAM, BUTTER AND OTHER DIRTY THINGS, OK?
Now with this post, you do not have more excuses to choose in your supermarket kinky stuff like it
That is not italian carbonara, so call it in another lazy name like “pasta alla chemerda” or “sta pasta mangiatelatu“
illustrations by Fronza
for any grammar mistakes, send your letter of complaint to Eleonora StesaCondita